Sunday, October 07, 2012 14:08

Review 83. Michelle Diener - Keeper of the King's secret.

Keeper of the King's SecretsTitle:Keeper of the King's secret.
Author: Michelle Diener.
Pages: 304.
Published
: April 3rd 2012.
Publisher: Gallery Books
Sort: Part two of 'Susanna Horenbout and John Parker.'
Review Part 1: In a treacherous court.
Source: I received a copy from the author for a honest review.
A priceless jewel. A royal court rife with intrigue. A secret deal, where the price of truth could come too high.. The personal artist to King Henry Tudor, Susanna Horenbout is sought by the queen and ladies of the court for her delicate, skilled portraits. But now someone from her past is pulling her into a duplicitous game where the consequence of failure is war. Soon, Susanna and her betrothed, the King’s most dangerous courtier, are unraveling a plot that would shatter Europe. And at the heart of it is a magnificent missing diamond. With John Parker at her side, Susanna searches for the diamond and those responsible for its theft, their every step dogged by a lethal assassin. Finding the truth means plunging into the heart of the court’s most bitter infighting, surviving the harrowing labyrinth of Fleet Prison—and then coming face-to-face with the most dangerous enemy of all.
Rating:

After my first meeting with Diener's work, I couldn't wait to dive into this book. I wasn't disappointed. From the first page I was hooked to Susanna's story and there is more than enough action to keep it fast-paced and interesting 'till the end.

Fans of the first book, like me, will love this continuing story about Susanna and Parker. I like Susanna's spirit. She won't shy away from some action and she will do anything to keep Parker safe. It's nice to see a heroin who can act smart and she has a nice temper. Parker is protective over Susanna, but it's great that he also needs her. He is intelligent and strong. The King has chosen a great man in him. He is trustworthy.

The side characters in this book are well-done. Wolsey plays a big role and he was exactly as I imagined him. Always trying to keep the King's love in order to gain more power; to achieve his ambition to become a Pope some day.

This book can be read as a stand-alone, but I highly suggest you read them in order. It's easy to follow, but you would miss the development of their relationship. There are also certain people they hate and that's because of some events in the first book.

4 comments:

  1. Great review Mel! Haven't read the first book but this sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh die cover. Ik ben zelf niet echt van historical fiction, maar als ik jou reviews lees dan word ik toch wel verleid! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I've never heard of this series before but the summary sounds really interesting! Plus, I'm more and more into historical fiction so this must definitely be added to my TBR pile ASAP ;) I will be sure to read the first book in the series when I start it!

    Awesome review, Mel ♥ Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I like the sound of this! I think I will have to go look up the first book! Thanks for a great review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0